Thursday, November 11, 2004

Wonderland...

Since both of my jobs are part-time, i thought about getting a 3rd job, ideally a temporary seasonal position @ HMV. Unfortunately, i always think of good ideas too late and most of the HMV stores have already hired for the Christmas season. The best i can do is drop off resumes at the stores who say they haven't already hired. I'll do that tomorrow and see.

Anyhow, I found out Mary worked @ Wonderland (like me!) in 2003 (like me!) as a Ride Operator (like me!). I didn't know until last Wednesday when i was biting into a McChicken Sandwich at McDonalds (McCrap?). It's amazing, because it seems like 1 out of every 20 people i meet has worked @ Wonderland at some point of their lives. Steve, for example, worked in Splashworks a few summers ago, while Jimmy worked in Games.

Keep in mind I didn't know any of these people until after my Wonderland days. Here's something you should all know....

The best way to piss off an employee (or former employee) of Wonderland is to ask him/her this question:

"Do you know someone named __________ ?"

I think Wonderland hires over 1000 seasonal employees a year, and they all work in different departments (rides, ecology, games, etc.) which are as separate as Antarctica and Greenland. So the chances of someone knowing that one person out of the other 999 employees are really slim. Trust me, i used to work there!

I've failed to stay in touch with most of my Wonderland friends (the ones i actually worked with!). Cary Ann, who i once dated, started to annoy me with her lack of goals in life and moody phone calls. I think the last time i saw her was my birthday @ Hooters. Yoav is cool despite being a bit racist at times, but i haven't had a reason to talk to him over the past year. Mel (or Melanie) went off to Guelph University and has turned into the occasional MSN friend, while Cindy hasn't talked to me since i broke up with Cary Ann. Todd is the only one i still see regularly, but only because he managed to get a job @ The Skydome. He's a nice guy but too.. ummm... emotional. Maybe later i'll tell you how he got fired from Wonderland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home