Convocation
Convocation is this week. Of course I've never actually been to one but often I end up helping Police Services during these busy days. My job today was to stand around near the PAC and prevent stupid people from blocking Ring Road traffic (eg. stopping on the road) or driving into the fire route. It's always a fun way to get tanned and make a little extra $$$.
However, I see this year's convocation a bit differently than one's in the past, because if I hadn't been in co-op or changed my academic plans, this would have been my time to graduate. I think of all the random people I met during frosh week.. the massive crowd of kids at toga, many of whom weren't even old enough to drink at that time... They are now starting a new chapter in their lives, while the co-op kids, program switchers, and slackers are stuck here for another year or two.
But perhaps I should look on the bright side and see the next two years as an opportunity to get better grades, make new friends ('cuz all my current friends will be gone!), get involved in more school activities, and basically fill the holes from the last four years. Also, there are many who say that once school is done, it's all downhill anyways.... You become a full-time wage slave, get married, move to Markham and live a boring lifestyle.... so why not stick around a bit longer?
Lets get started on UNDERGRAD Part 2!
Labels: education and career

3 Comments:
woohooo! you've jumped back aboard the blogging bandwagon!!!
Definitely!
hey i like the photo collage on the side - brings back fond memories.
Post a Comment
<< Home