Soul Searching in Seoul
So here I am typing away on my dad's laptop at Frasor Suites - Seoul, South Korea. For a few days I've been wandering the streets and alleyways, shopping, visiting typical tourist sites, and meeting family... and I have to say it's been quite a culture shock. Marketing solicitors are much more aggresive here than at home. For instance, last night a "picky" tried to force me and my brother into Hacker (a local night club) while we were walking by. (I'll explain the "pickies" later) Also beware when walking into any retail building in the Dongdamun shopping district - you'll have salespeople hollering at you as you pass by, begging you to look at some shirts with stupid random messages on them (which are very trendy among the Asian kids!). Then there are the drivers who sometimes frighten me with their aggressive right turns and lane changes... but if they were to drive like Canadians, they would get nowhere so it's understandable.
Anyways, I've had a good time so far and learned a lot about the country, as well as my family. I was always told how musically inclined my mother's family is, and today I finally got proof of it when I heard my cousin (a singing instructor) and her kids sing. I was like, damn... why couldn't I get any of those genes? I want to be a wicked singer... and it's not like I want to be an opera singer or anything... I just want to sing Oasis songs! That's ALL I ever wanted! It also seems like everybody in that family can play piano.
Well that's it for now... I did a lot in the last few days and I can't talk about it all at once. I have tons of pictures that I will eventually upload onto Flickr. Tomorrow I'm off to church (my cousin is a pastor so I'm forced to go, haha), then on a roadtrip to Busan for a few days. Later!
Labels: cities

3 Comments:
what else are u doing besides soul searching?
Nice site!
[url=http://xsbbksgy.com/stdm/zgnn.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://niylfchj.com/rcbj/lvpg.html]Cool site[/url]
Great work!
http://xsbbksgy.com/stdm/zgnn.html | http://qoqqcarw.com/gysx/logi.html
Post a Comment
<< Home