Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Musicians are idiots

So Morrissey has stated that he won’t tour Canada in protest of Newfoundland’s annual seal hunt. Now, I’ve always liked The Smiths but this man doesn’t make much sense sometimes. I think this protest is stupid for several reasons, even though I’ve always been neutral on the seal-hunting debate. First off, the seal hunt is a “Newfoundland” thing, not a “Canada” thing, and the majority of Canadians (including fans) have absolutely no control over it. I guess foreigners forget how big this country actually is. I personally didn’t even know that an annual seal hunt exists until I heard my roommate bitching about Paul McCartney - another musician with a big mouth.

Also, if anyone should be labelled as being “barbaric and cruel”, it would be the U.S. government for obvious reason I need not to discuss. However, it seems to be “ok” for Moz to tour there – but NOT CANADA.

Well, Moz… if you choose not to promote your new album here, I’ll simply choose not to buy it.

Yet another example of why music and politics don’t match.

Why can’t they all just be like Pete Doherty and Liam Gallagher? They’re a bit crazy but at least they only mind their own business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home