2B or not 2B
Fall '05: I moved off-campus to 125 Columbia St. W. with 6 of my friends. 125 Columbia was your stereotypcial student house - old, dirty, and probably had at least 15 different generations of students living in it. On the day we moved in, our kitchen walls had been written on (with a permanent marker) and there was dog hair all over the carpet on the stairs. Perhaps the previous tenants had thrown a party before they moved out, and I guess their dog just loved running up and down the stairs.
However, a couple things made up for any downfall.
1) The social environment of the house: With 6 housemates, you know you'd always find somebody in the living room. Just think of an episode of a Full House.
2) Backyard fire pit: There is no better way to spend a September evening than sitting around a backyard bonfire drinking beer.
A few of us (noteably Sen and myself) had started a blog in which we tried to bring out the diversity of the house - our different hobbies, interests, and cultural background. The blog still exists, even long after we moved out.
I started playing guitar more frequently as a result of living with "Brock Campbell" and having bought an Epiphone Sheraton II in the summer. I had also started writing and demoing my own songs. In fact, it was sometime in September when I wrote Oh Katie, a song that would later be performed by Empire. Notice the line, "...so much for the last summer days," referring to the end of the 2005 summer.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home