So this is Christmas...
Once you get to a certain age, Christmas isn't what it used to be. Gone is the excitement, joy, and spirit. By the time you're in high school you are no longer singing carols or making christmas artwork, unless you're in a music or visual arts class of course. Instead you begin to realize the reality of the season: the expenses, jammed parking lots at shopping malls, dangerous driving conditions, etc. My family simply gave up on Christmas a few years ago and i can't remember the last time we exchanged gifts. I think the last gift i recieved from either of my parents was my acoustic guitar 3 years ago! The last i gave was probably a Crown Royal to my father.
However, one thing i still enjoy is the music. That's why i've decided to burn a compilation this year, including all kinds of artists from Bing Crosby to The Walkmen. Here's what the tracklisting sorta looks like... a lot of 'em are covers...
1. The Walkmen - Christmas Party
2. Fountains of Wayne - The Man in the Santa Suit
3. Flaming Lips - Christmas at the Zoo
4. Travis - River
5. Shonen Knife - All I Want for Christmas
6. Fountains of Wayne - I Want an Alien for Christmas
7. Bleach - What We Call Christmas
8. Brian Setzer Orchestra (?) - Baby It's Cold Outside
9. Coldplay - 2000 Miles
10. Bright Eyes - Blue Christmas
11. Ron Sexsmith - Maybe This Christmas
12. U2 - Baby Please Come Home
13. Manic Street Preachers - Last Christmas
14. Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas?
15. Dandy Warhols - Little Drummer Boy
16. Bing Crosby - It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas
17. Ray Charles - Winter Wonderland
18. Paul McCartney - Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time
19. The Beatles - Rocking Around the Christmas Tree
20. Stevie Wonder - What Christmas Means to Me
21. Chuck Berry - Run Run Rudolph
22. Slade - Santa Clause is Coming to Town
23. Slade - Merry Christmas Everybody
24. The Darkness - Christmas Time
25. Coldplay - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
I don't think this is the exact order but it's close enough. Notice it has exactly 25 tracks? I did that intentionally. ;) Brilliant?
BTW, My work term @ Assure ended last Friday, at our final end-of-term lunch. I was given an "outstanding" evaluation rating for the term - which i totally wouldn't have expected in September - so i'm very happy, and I'll end it there...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home