2 days removed from surgery!
I swear, getting your wisdom teeth removed is like a Quentin Tarantino film. At one minute I'm lying in the operating room chatting with the nurse while consuming laughing gas... the next minute I'm sitting in a chair in a different room, all drugged up and having absolutely no memory of the surgery! The surgeon, Dr. Voutsas, comes over and I tell him, "Y'know what's funny? I saw a movie yesterday where a guy got his teeth pulled out with a hammer" (referring to Old Boy). He replies, "You told me that before the surgery, remember?" Isn't that fuck up or what?
My memory of the journey home is also vague. However I do remember the nurse escorting me down the elevator, getting myself into my dad's Volvo, having my picture taken at Cosco (I now have a membership, yaay!), and getting my drugs at Pharma Plus. - "Super Strength Motrin" to take every 6 hours & "Tylenol No. 3 Acetaminophen/Codeine Compound" (which i have yet to touch) for severe pain only.
As strange as it sounds, i found the surgery to be a relaxing experience - although weird. It's been almost 2 full days and I have yet to experience any serious pain. I guess i'll find out soon if any swelling starts.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home